Stanground Central Consevative Councillor Brian Rush is standing for re-election in May 2014. We'll be getting the Conservative glossy Political Pravda magazine pushed through all our the doors very soon. We thought we would through a series of helpful posts, assist him write his election blurb as the Tory magazine will gloss over the wave of disasters unfolding all around us.
Hopefully they won't be photoshopping the picture of Cllr Brian Rush as they did for Cllr Irene Walsh (seen here pre-photoshopped) who scraped back in after a few tearful recounts with a majority of 18!
WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT POVERTY IN PETERBOROUGH?
Source: Peterborough City Council (November 2013)
• Peterborough is ranked 71st most deprived local authority district out of a total of 326 nationally
• Nearly 36% of Peterborough’s Lower Super Output Areas are in the most deprived 20% nationally, with one featuring in the bottom 4% nationally
• Compared to the rest of the country, Peterborough’s total median annual pay (gross) is only slightly below the national average of £21,794
• Whilst numbers of job vacancies have risen, there has been an increase in Job Seeker Allowance claimants
• The available jobs do not match the skills available from a majority of our unemployed citizens
• Child poverty at 24% is significantly higher than the national average of 18%
• Life expectancy in Peterborough is significantly lower than the UK average
• 11,256 households (15.6%) live in fuel poverty, although this is slightly below the national average of 16.1%
• Over the most recent twelve months, there has been a reduction in the unemployed rate by over 2000 people within the City.
www.stanground.blogspot.com. 01733 345581